This committee advises College Council on Scottish matters. It contributes to the development of Scottish Government policy, ensures children and young people are fully represented and represents its membership by providing a consistent voice for paediatrics in Scotland.
- The Committee is responsive to the views of the membership in Scotland and represent these views to College Council.
- Representatives of the Committee meet with senior officials of the Scottish Government, MSPs and CMO (Chief Medical Officer) by arrangement to secure political commitment for RCPCH key child health priorities in Scotland.
- The Committee works with College staff to advocate for the College and its aims in Scotland building recognition of the College among key opinion formers and decision makers.
- The Committee considers and makes recommendations on principles of policy, strategy and clinical guidance as they relate to specific issues at the request of Council, College Executive Committee, other Committees and individual College members or staff.
- The Committee provides support to the External Affairs Manager in relation to engagement with key health stakeholders, Royal Colleges and other bodies and organisations as appropriate.
- Officer for Scotland: Professor Steve Turner - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional Lead, West Scotland: Dr Carol Dryden - email@example.com
- Regional Lead, North, North East Scotland: Dr Medhat Ezzat - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional Lead, South East Scotland: Professor Hamish Wallace - email@example.com
- Regional Lead, East Scotland: Dr Rebecca Goldman - firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAS Representative, Scotland: Dr Masooma Ali - email@example.com
- Trainee Representative, West of Scotland: Dr Elise Weir - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trainee Representative, N, NE, E & SE: Dr Salman Khurshid - email@example.com
- Academic Advisor: Professor Jürgen Schwarze - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair Child Protection Subcommittee: Dr Marianne Cochrane - email@example.com
RCPCH committee vacancies are posted online on a monthly basis - and there are often opportunities for members working in Scotland. See our nominations page.
0131 247 3657