The Department of Education (Northern Ireland) 2023-2028 Corporate Plan will set the strategic focus over the next five years with a view to making a difference and improving outcomes for children and young people in NI. This consultation is on the draft plan.
In response to the strategic priorities set out by the Department of Education (see draft plan), the RCPCH has recommended:
- better co-ordination between education and health in relation to identification, diagnosis, assessment and implementation of support needs
- expansion of early years services
- full implementation of the Emotional Wellbeing Framework and Mental Health Strategy as it applies to schools
- a nutritional standards view as soon as practicable
- ensuring all children can access the minimum recommended amount of PE during school time.
Download our full response below.