The reception was attended by College members, eminent national and international paediatric academics and child health supporters.
The Fund aims to raise £10 million to create senior training opportunities for child health researchers who already have an excellent track record. These academics are ready to lead their own research programmes but there are many opportunities for them.
Why do children need health research?
- Children need healthcare that is tailored to their changing needs
- Early life exposures impact on adult health contributing to the prevalence of diverse conditions such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and some cancers
- Addressing child health needs impacts on the health and economic prosperity of nations
What do we aim to achieve?
- Secure a new generation of child health research leaders in the UK and abroad
- Strengthen excellence in child health research
- Catalyse collaboration between child health research leaders around the world and their institutions
What will we fund?
- Clinical Lecturer level for individuals still in training
- Career Development Fellowships for non-clinical researchers
- International Child Health Research Fellowships for researchers based overseas
- Clinical Scientist level for more experienced for clinical and non-clinical researchers