Types of verification
We can verify:
- whether an individual is a member
- date membership started (and finished).
We will not provide verification of membership if there are any outstanding fees on the individual’s membership or if the individual’s membership has been/is cancelled.
We can verify:
- confirmation of qualification
- date exam passed
- date an exam was sat
- exam fee.
We cannot provide information on:
- pending misconduct cases
- professional misconduct
- unfitness to practice.
How to make a request
If you are unable to provide us with the information as requested below, or if the information you provide us does not match our records, we will be unable to provide verification.
If you are an RCPCH member and need to update your personal details, sign in to your online account.
Send the following information:
- exactly what information you require verification of
- the individual’s full name including any middle names
- the individual’s date of birth
- the individual’s RCPCH number (membership number).
Provide proof of ID of the individual with at least one of the following:
- RCPCH membership or examination certificate
- RCPCH Results Letter - this can be a print out of the computer screen of your online account as long as the details are clearly legible
- RCPCH correspondence on headed paper or headed email
- copy of the individual’s driver’s/driving licence or passport
If you have changed your name since gaining your certificate or qualification, for example because you have married, and wish to update this information, we will require a copy of your marriage certificate as well.
For third party requestors
If you are a third party requestor, as well as the above, we will also require authorisation/consent from the individual concerned otherwise we will be unable to process the request.
We require one of the following:
- confirmation email or letter from the individual concerned which includes the individual’s full name and RCPCH number
- signed authority from the individual which includes the individual’s full name, RCPCH number or date exam conferred and date of signature of the authorisation. The signature must be handwritten, although it can be on a scanned copy as long as the scan is of a good quality and legible. The authority must also be in English.
An authorisation is only valid if it has been signed within the last six months.
Where to send verification requests
Requests can be sent via email or post. Please ensure you send it to the appropriate department below, otherwise this will result in delays to your request.
For membership (MRCPCH/FRCPCH) verification or further membership enquiries, contact our Member Servicers team:
- Or, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, 5-11 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8SH
For exam verification, contact:
- For theory exams (FOP/TAS/AKP) - email@example.com | 020 7092 6000 and ask for Theory Examinations
- For MRCPCH Clinical or DCH Clinical - firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 7092 6000 and ask for Clinical Examinations
- For both: Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, 5-11 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8SH
Verification of training posts
If you need to have your training posts undertaken since 1996 verified, please contact Training Services with your request and they will be able to advise you on the process:
Training Services team
Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
5-11 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8SH