These scam emails often reference the COVID-19 pandemic. They may ask for payment (a fee). They may invite you to click on a link to a private telegram contact address.
These emails are fake.
Some pointers to help you spot a scam:
- RCPCH will never promise a shortcut, or bypass, to MRCPCH or GMC registration. Anyone who claims they can is probably not reputable.
- RCPCH will never invite you to contact a telegram contact address. All our email addresses use @rcpch.ac.uk. so be wary of anything claiming to be from RCPCH without that email address.
- There is no such thing as the Federation of the Royal College of Paediatrics of Child Health. This might sound plausible, because other royal colleges are federated. But, the RCPCH is not one of them.
If you are not sure whether your email is a scam, contact us:
- If about a theory exam (FOP, TAS or AKP), email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If about MRCPCH Clinical or DCH Clinical, email email@example.com
Where to get your information about RCPCH exams:
- RCPCH is the only official information for our examinations, including FOP, TAS, AKP, MRCPCH Clinical and DCH Clinical. The sources includes this website and the RCPCH exams booking site.
- RCPCH does not sanction any non-RCPCH social media platforms. Ours include @RCPCHtweets and @RCPCH_trainees on Twitter, RCPCH on Facebook and RCPCH on Instagram.
- We advise you think carefully before you sign up to non-RCPCH mailing lists or following non-RCPCH social media that claim to be about RCPCH exams. This may put you at risk of being targeted by disreputable sources.