Nominations for Honorary Fellowship in 2025 are now open. The winners for 2024 will be announced in due course and will be awarded during the RCPCH Conference in March 2024.
What we offer Honorary Fellows
- Invitations to special events, such as the President's lunch at RCPCH Conference - many such events are free of charge
- Quarterly newsletter
- Option to receive regular email news bulletins
- CPD tools and advice
- Use of the members' room in RCPCH London
- Reduced fees for RCPCH Conference and other courses and events
- Option to receive the College journal Archives of Disease in Childhood at a reduced rate of £100 a year (cost to non-members £370)
- Annual fees to RCPCH paid for life
We will announce our 2024 winners shortly.
Nominations for Honorary Fellowship 2025 are currently being accepted by 12:00, 26 July 2024.
We invited nominations for colleagues in these categories:
- Paediatricians based in the UK
- Paediatricians based Internationally
These nominations could only be proposed and seconded by RCPCH members (any category) without the knowledge of the nominee.
Nominations will only be accepted by completion of our online form, which is available to logged in members on the below link.
A maximum of 250 words is permitted for each of the five questions. Not all sections need to be filled in, but an * by a section of the form indicates a mandatory field.
The awards shall be made on the recommendations of Council after it has been advised by the Nominations Committee. We inform only those nominees who have been successfully awarded.
Honorary Fellowship is distinct from Fellowship by election, applications for which are made by individuals on their own behalf, considered by the Membership Committee and approved by Council three times a year.
There is not a fixed number of Honorary Fellowships that are made each year; however, this is typically between eight to twelve a year.