Nominations should be made without the nominees' knowledge.
Each year we invite nominations for colleagues in these categories:
- Clinicians UK
- Clinicians International
- Non Clinicians
Nominations can only be made by RCPCH members (any category). The awards shall be made on the recommendation of Council after it has been advised by the Nominations Committee.
Nominations are not open.
Honorary Fellowship is distinct from Fellowship by election, applications for which are made by individuals on their own behalf, considered by the Membership Committee and approved by Council three times a year.
There is not a fixed number of Honorary Fellowships that are made each year; however, this is typically between eight to twelve a year. You can see details about our Honorary Fellowships awarded in 2020.
What we offer Honorary Fellows
- Invitations to special events, such as the President's lunch at RCPCH Conference - many such events are free of charge
- Quarterly newsletter
- Listing on online members' directory
- Option to receive regular email news bulletins
- CPD tools and advice
- Use of the members' room in RCPCH London
- Reduced fees for RCPCH Conference and other courses and events
- Option to receive the College journal Archives of Disease in Childhood at a reduced rate of £100 a year (cost to non-members £370)
- Annual fees to RCPCH paid for life