Trainee Oversight Committee (TOC)
The TOC's purpose is to provide trainee representation and advice to the work of the RCPCH, with emphasis on issues related to recruiting, training, assessing and developing paediatricians.
Membership of TOC
- Committee support - Michaela Hunt - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee Chair - Laura Kelly - email@example.com
- Committee Vice Chair - Fiona Hignett - firstname.lastname@example.org
- ePortfolio and Curriculum - Emma Dyer - email@example.com
- Assessment - Assim Javaid - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recruitment - Emma Coombe - email@example.com
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion - Segn Nedd - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Examinations - VACANT - in process of changeover
As one of the RCPCH's standing committees, we are subject to the College's byelaws and regulations and as such have a duty to ensure trainees' views are expressed and heard.
The TOC meets up to six times per year, of which three includes the Trainee Network and invites the Vice President for Training and Assessment, Chair of Training and Quality Board, Chair of Recruitment Board and RCPCH President to attend.
- We work with and inform the TOC on matters of relevance to trainees and to the College.
- Our main emphasis is related to training and assessment but as many aspects of our working lives impact on training, we also consider themes in workforce.
- We are made up of elected representatives from the UK and Ireland who are currently paediatric trainees.
- This includes 20 regional representatives, and 11 subject representatives.
- As one of the RCPCH's standing committees, we are subject to the College's byelaws and regulations and as such have a duty to ensure trainees' views are expressed and heard.
- The Vice President for Training and Assessment sits on the committee and the President also attends occasional discussions.
- We meet three times per year with one meeting held outside London, although we are in email contact much more frequently than this.
Regional representatives on Trainee Network (additionally to TOC)
- North West (Mersey) - Thomas Leyland - email@example.com
- North West (North Western) - Philip Neill - firstname.lastname@example.org
- North East - Sian Copley - email@example.com
- Yorkshire and Humber - Aoife Hurley - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thames Valley (Oxford) - Sarah Rhead - email@example.com
- East of England - Eleanor Boddy - firstname.lastname@example.org
- South West (Severn) - VACANT - in process of handover
- South West (Peninsula) - VACANT - in process of handover
- London North East Central - Josh Hodgson - email@example.com
- London North West - Audrey Soo - firstname.lastname@example.org
- London South - Alison Mintoft - email@example.com
- KSS - Lia Davies - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wessex - Victoria Ivison - email@example.com
- East Midlands - Husain Asgerally - firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Midlands - VACANT - in process of changeover
- Scotland (N, S, E) - Francesca Coleman - email@example.com
- Scotland (W) - Elise Weir - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wales - Thomas Cromarty - email@example.com
- Northern Ireland - Seana Molly - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Less Than Full Time (Level 1) - Maddy Hover - email@example.com
- Less Than Full Time (Levels 2/3) - Anna-Louise Nichols - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Child Health - Mark Lee - email@example.com
- QI Committee
How RCPCH trainee members can get involved or get their voice heard
- You should receive regular emails from the trainee representative of your region about various issues that have been discussed by the TOC or Trainee Network. Feel free to contact them about anything which concerns you.
- Posts are held for about three years and it is likely that one position in your region will become available while you are trainee. Please contact any member of the committee to find out further details about the role and what it involves.
In order for us to keep this section as relevant and up-to-date as possible, please contact the Training Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org when changes occur.