Trainees Oversight Committee (TOC)
The TOC's purpose is to provide trainee representation and advice to the work of the RCPCH, with emphasis on issues related to recruiting, training, assessing and developing paediatricians.
Membership of TOC
- Committee support - Michaela Hunt - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee Chair - Laura Kelly - email@example.com
- Committee Vice Chair - vacant, in process of changeover
- ePortfolio and Curriculum - Emma Dyer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assessment - Assim Javaid - email@example.com
- Recruitment - Emma Coombe - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion - Segn Nedd - email@example.com
- Examinations - Sunitha Vimalesvaran - firstname.lastname@example.org
As one of the College's standing committees, we are subject to the College's byelaws and regulations and as such have a duty to ensure trainees' views are expressed and heard.
The TOC meets up to six times per year, of which three include the Trainee Network and invite the Vice President for Training & Assessment, Chair of Training & Quality Board, Chair of Recruitment Board and RCPCH President to attend.
- We work with and inform the TOC on matters of relevance to trainees and to the College.
- Our main emphasis is related to training and assessment but as many aspects of our working lives impact on training, we also consider themes in workforce.
- We are made up of elected representatives from the UK and Ireland who are currently paediatric trainees.
- This includes 20 regional representatives, and 11 subject representatives.
- As one of the RCPCH's standing committees, we are subject to the College's byelaws and regulations and as such have a duty to ensure trainees' views are expressed and heard.
- The Vice President for Training and Assessment sits on the committee and the President also attends occasional discussions.
- We meet three times per year with one meeting held outside London, although we are in email contact much more frequently than this.
Regional representatives on Trainee Network (additionally to TOC)
- North West (Mersey) - Thomas Leyland - email@example.com
- North West (North Western) - Shaun Lane - firstname.lastname@example.org
- North East - Salema King - email@example.com
- Yorkshire and Humber - vacant, in process of changeover
- Thames Valley (Oxford) - Sarah Rhead - firstname.lastname@example.org
- East of England - Mohammed Badawy - email@example.com
- South West (Severn) - Sarah Arthur - firstname.lastname@example.org
- South West (Peninsula) - Jenny Merrison-Hort - email@example.com
- London North East Central - Josh Hodgson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- London North West - vacant, in process of changeover
- London South - Alison Mintoft - email@example.com
- KSS - Lia Davies - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wessex - Victoria Ivison - email@example.com
- East Midlands - Vikas Saxena - firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Midlands - vacant, in process of changeover
- Scotland (N, S, E) - Francesca Coleman - email@example.com
- Scotland (W) - Cameron Herbert - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wales - Hannah Davies - email@example.com
- Northern Ireland - Diarmuid McLaughlin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Less Than Full Time (Level 1) - Lauren Dhugga - email@example.com
- Less Than Full Time (Levels 2/3) - Maddy Hover - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Child Health - Mark Lee - email@example.com
- QI Committee - Kiran Rahim - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Improvement Committee - Alastair Stanley - email@example.com
How RCPCH trainee members can get involved or get their voice heard
- You should receive regular emails from the trainee representative of your region about various issues that have been discussed by the TOC or Trainee Network. Feel free to contact them about anything which concerns you.
- Posts are held for about three years and it is likely that one position in your region will become available while you are trainee. Please contact any member of the committee to find out further details about the role and what it involves.
In order for us to keep this section as relevant and up-to-date as possible, please contact the Training Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org when changes occur.