What we offer Honorary Fellows
- Invitations to special events, such as the President's lunch at RCPCH Conference - many such events are free of charge
- Quarterly newsletter
- Listing on online members' directory
- Option to receive regular email news bulletins
- CPD tools and advice
- Use of the members' room in RCPCH London
- Reduced fees for RCPCH Conference and other courses and events
- Option to receive the College journal Archives of Disease in Childhood at a reduced rate of £100 a year (cost to non-members £370)
Call for nominations 2020
The College is once again inviting nominations to be considered for this distinguished award.
Nominees for Honorary Fellowship should satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Demonstrable sustained achievements in paediatrics throughout their career beyond those which are normally expected. For example, developing services and/or fundraising at a local level or contributing to the work of the RCPCH
- Extremely high scientific calibre and must have contributed to the advancement of the science or practice of paediatrics in a sustained and substantial way
Nominations will be in the following categories:
- Clinicians UK
- Clinicians International
- Non Clinicians
How to make a nomination
Nominations for Honorary Fellowship will only be accepted by completion of the online form (below). A maximum of 250 words is permitted for each of the five questions.
The awards shall be made on the recommendation of Council after it has been advised by the Nominations Committee.
Honorary Fellowship is distinct from Fellowship by election, applications for which are made by individuals on their own behalf, considered by the Membership Committee and approved by Council three times a year.