The Medicines Committee is a unique collaborative standing committee with joint membership between RCPCH and Neonatal and Paediatric Pharmacists Group (NPPG). It aims to ensure that the interests of children and young people are represented to influence proposed changes to policies, services, and guidelines relevant to children’s medicines.
Consultations the Committee responded to in 2020
- NICE and NHSE/I rapid COVID-19 clinical guideline on Gastrointestinal and liver conditions treated with drugs affecting the immune response.
- NICE COVID-19 rapid guideline: Children and Young People who are immunocompromised
Consultations the Committee responded to in 2018 and 2019
- MHRA EU Exit no-deal contingency legislation for the regulation of medicines and medical devices
- NICE Surveillance Review Proposal - MPG1 Developing and updating local formularies (Download the report)
- NICE Scope consultation on the creation of the children and young people with disabilities and severe complex needs guidelines
- NICE Scope consultation on updating the epilepsies in children and young people guidelines
- NICE Guideline on CG76 medicines adherence: involving patients in decisions about prescribed medicines and supporting adherence
- NICE Guideline on NG5 medicines optimisation: the safe and effective use of medicines to enable the best possible outcomes
- NICE Draft guidelines on pneumonia: antimicrobial prescribing
- NICE Draft guidance on the use of cannabis-based medicinal products (including NHS England review)
- PrescQIPP Consultation on NHS England Low Priority Prescribing - minocycline and amiodarone
- NICE Guideline on asthma: diagnosis, monitoring and chronic asthma management