Consultation is a crucial stage of guideline development. It's an opportunity for paediatricians to influence paediatric recommendations before they are published or updated and implemented.
Through consultation on draft guidelines and standards, relevant specialty groups and those with a special interest can comment at specific development stages and feed into the decision making process.
Other opportunities include attending scoping workshops or joining a guideline development group as a topic expert member or chair.
Apply to join our panel
To be a member of the panel you must:
- be a member of the College
- be in Good Standing with the College
Members and Fellows may wish to note that confirmation that they are participating in revalidation and CPD (continuing professional development) to the level required by the GMC (General Medical Council) is one of the criteria for being in Good Standing with the College.
Current and upcoming consultations
- Adrenal insufficiency: acute and long-term management (NICE) committee recruitment - deadline 13 January
- UK IgA vasculitis guidelines draft guideline - deadline 03 February
- Suspected sepsis: recognition, diagnosis and early management (NICE) draft guideline - January/February
- Epilepsy update (NICE) draft quality standard - January/February
- Diabetes (type 1 and type 2) in CYP: diagnosis and management (NICE) draft guideline - January/February
- Alcohol use disorders (NICE) draft quality standard - January/February