Who should do the PaedCCF Outpatients?
The GMC (General Medical Council) expects all licensed doctors to gather patient feedback for revalidation. PaedCCF Outpatients is a useful tool for doctors who do not have a more suitable alternative provided by their employer or designated body.
We also have a tool for intensive care units (ICU).
Please note Due to current circumstances, we are unable to provide packs containing pre-printed paper forms and envelopes for the return of completed forms. If you will require paper forms in order to collect feedback from your patients, please contact email@example.com before submitting your application and we will be happy to provide further information about an alternative process we currently have available for paper-based feedback collection.
- Register your interest (tool open to non-trainees only). Download and complete the PaedCCF Outpatient (OP) application form below. Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment for the PaedCCF Outpatient (OP) is made online via the RCPCH website. Please log into your RCPCH account to make payment. Full instructions for making payment can be found on the application form.
- We will email you to confirm your registration.
- We will send another email that explains how to sign in to your RCPCH ePortfolio to complete your self-assessment.
- After you submit your self-assessment, you will get a unique URL. Print as a tear-off sheet and share with unit staff who are supporting you to gather patient feedback, so they can share these with your patients or their parents/carers. You can download guidance for clinic staff and a reminder poster below.
- You have about 12 months to gather sufficient feedback.
- Once you have reached the minimum number required (20 responses for OP), you can produce your own report via RCPCH ePortfolio.
- If you need an interim results report before you have gained the minimum number, please send us proof of your revalidation date (eg a copy of your revalidation letter from the GMC) and we will manually generate an early report before reopening your PaedCCF event to gather more feedback.
- Any concerns raised around falsified data or cheating during the quality assurance process will be fully investigated - see the workplace based assessment falsification protocol below.
The RCPCH PaedCCF tool includes a unique website link for patients, parents and carers to provide their feedback online and without the need for paper forms.
Important note about RCPCH ePortfolio
Please note that use of RCPCH ePortfolio means that your email address will be retained by the RCPCH ePortfolio system to identify you when you lo gin. Due to the nature of RCPCH ePortfolio, your email address will be searchable in the system. We therefore encourage you to use your work email address when registering for PaedCCF rather than your personal email address.
Current cost per round
Additional resources for those using PaedCCF OP
See below to access:
- PaedCCF in RCPCH ePortfolio user guide
- FAQs PaedCCF OP
- Distribution guidelines for clinic staff
- Distribution guidelines with cover note for doctor
- PaedCCF Parent notice poster
- PaedCCF doctor_clinic staff reminder poster
- Example PaedCCF OP results report
- PaedCCF OP results report guidance
- Example PaedCCF OP form
- Workplace-based assessment falsification protocol
This tool has been validated and meets the criteria laid out by the GMC.
Further information on pilots is available in the articles: Feedback on doctors’ performance from parents and carers of children: a national pilot study in Archives of Disease in Childhood
A very small number of paediatricians who have completed the PaedCCF tool have advised that their employers will not accept the PaedCCF results and rather asked to complete the organisation's own patient feedback tool. The RCPCH does not consider this advice to meet GMC guidance, as the PaedCCF tool meets GMC criteria for patient feedback tools.
A RCPCH validity of PaedCCF statement has been issued for use by any paediatricians in this situation - see below.
Further information about GMC criteria, GMC FAQs on patient feedback, case studies for doctors collecting patient feedback and leaflets for patients can be found on the GMC website - see link below.
If you have any queries about PaedCCF please contact the Revalidation Team on email@example.com or call 0207 092 6152 or 0207 092 6148.