The Information Governance team is responsible for overseeing information management at the College including:
- compliance with UK data protection legislation and other information legislation
- records management of electronic and physical records to maintain the authenticity, reliability, integrity and usability of College records
- working with external partners, including NHS Digital, Information Commissioners Office and Health Research Authority
- completing the NHS Digital Data Security and Protection Toolkit
- overseeing the Data Protection Committee
- managing, promoting and collecting the historical archives.
The Data Protection Officer sits in this team and is currently working on a three-year GDPR programme to bring the College in line with new data protection obligations, while supporting members through guidance and updates on the website.
The team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.