This course is now fully booked. If you would like to be informed about new dates that are added to our schedule, please join our waiting list by following the link below.
The RCPCH is pleased to offer this course at a reduced rate. Please note the fees may be subject to change. This course will be taking place via Zoom.
- RCPCH member - Trainee: £100
- RCPCH member - Consultant: £130
- Non-RCPCH member: £160
Paediatric Allergy Training: series overview
Our online Paediatric Allergy Training series is designed to enhance your knowledge and confidence in managing children with food allergies and their comorbid allergic conditions.
To gain the full benefit from this unique series, we advise delegates to begin with PAT 1 and work through to PAT 3. The series will cover increasing complexity in allergy management through PAT 1, 2 and 3.
This is one of the best courses I have ever attended. The practical knowledge I gained is beyond all expectations.
This comprehensive PAT 1 course will take you through the practical aspects of recognising and managing paediatric allergy.
The faculty for the PAT series consists of a multi-disciplinary team of expert consultants, senior nursing staff, dietitians and GPs working in allergy care across the UK. The faculty will guide you through the PAT online course and share real life examples and cases throughout the course to support your learning.
During the course, our expert faculty will cover:
- How to take an allergy focused history and allergy tests
- First line management of cow’s milk allergy and the ‘Unsettled Infant’
- Anaphylaxis and allergic rhinitis
- Eczema care, egg allergy and complementary feeding.
Excellent course taught by experts in a structured and easy to understand manner.
The PAT courses provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills required to effectively manage children with food allergies and their comorbid allergic conditions.
By the end of the PAT 1 online course, you will be able to:
- Take an allergy focused clinical history to interpret specific IgE results
- Explain core allergy problems, specific IgE tests and basic disease mechanisms
- Demonstrate good emergency management of food allergy and common allergic conditions
- Describe first line diagnosis and dietary management strategies for cow’s milk allergy; and list pregnancy, lactation, weaning diets for all children
- Signpost patients to online resources and available multidisciplinary resources
- Outline the importance of teaching and learning in a multi-disciplinary environment.
PAT 1 is suitable for all professionals seeing children with allergic disease.
An essential course for paediatricians - great to see a solution focused approach to supporting these patients.
This course is taking place via zoom. To participate in this online course, you will need access to:
- Windows or Mac Computer (laptop/desktop or tablet)
- A reliable internet connection
- Microphone and speaker - either using the built-in microphone/speaker or a headset connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet.