The College runs the national judging process, which includes a panel of children and young people. We'll award winners at a public RCPCH event in spring 2021.
Each deanery/LETB may nominate only one candidate in each of the three categories:
- Best Junior Trainee (ST 1-3)
- Best Senior Trainee (ST 4-8)
- Best Educational Supervisor
Guidance for writing your citation
Each region is permitted to nominate one candidate in each of the three PAFTA categories (Junior Trainee, Senior Trainee, Educational Supervisor). It is expected that the candidates nominated will be the winners of the region’s local PAFTA processes. If multiple nominations are received from a single region in a given category, the region’s Trainee Committee representative will be asked to confirm which candidate should go forward.
All citations are limited to a maximum of 250 words. Any citations exceeding this limit will be cut off at the limit.
The form linked below should only be completed by either the region’s Trainees’ Committee representative or the Head of School.
Citations are are reviewed by both clinicians and young people from the RCPCH &Us network. Comments from the young people’s group in a previous year included were that poor citations:
- were too brief (one was 31 words)
- did not address the judging criteria
- did not address patient experience
- included unexplained acronyms
- were couched in technical language.
Citations are reviewed by both clinicians, using the criteria below, and young people from the RCPCH &Us network.
- Fulfilment = completing
- Exemplary = excellent
- Peers = people they work with
- Interaction = work with / communication with
- Embodies = represents
- Innovate – Approach things creatively, embrace risk, view change as an opportunity, have an open mind to new ideas
- Influence – Advocate for better child health, challenge positively, share best practice, work proactively
- Include – Embrace diversity, ask for the voices of ICYP, work together, value everyone's input
- Lead – Develop self and others, act as positive role models, act with integrity and honesty, encourage, praise and thanks
Nominations are now closed.