The College runs the national judging process, which includes a panel of children and young people. We'll award the winners at RCPCH Conference and exhibition 2020 on Tuesday 28 April 2020 at the ACC, Liverpool.
Each deanery/LETB may nominate only one candidate in each of the three categories:
- Best Junior Trainee (ST 1-3)
- Best Senior Trainee (ST 4-8)
- Best Educational Supervisor
Each region was permitted to nominate one candidate in each of the three PAFTA categories (Junior Trainee, Senior Trainee, Educational Supervisor). It is expected that the candidates nominated will be the winners of the region’s local PAFTA processes. If multiple nominations are received from a single region in a given category, the region’s Trainee Committee representative will be asked to confirm which candidate should go forward.
Nominations are now closed.
Citations are reviewed by both clinicians, using the criteria below, and young people from the RCPCH &Us network.
|Junior Trainee|| |
|Senior Trainee|| |
|Educational Supervisor|| |
- Fulfilment = completing
- Exemplary = excellent
- Peers = people they work with
- Interaction = work with / communication with
- Embodies = represents
- Innovate – Approach things creatively, embrace risk, view change as an opportunity, have an open mind to new ideas
- Influence – Advocate for better child health, challenge positively, share best practice, work proactively
- Include – Embrace diversity, ask for the voices of ICYP, work together, value everyone's input
- Lead – Develop self and others, act as positive role models, act with integrity and honesty, encourage, praise and thanks