There may be times when you won’t see your doctors or nurses as often as you'd like. They may be helping other children and young people, or you may be between appointments.
Your doctors and nurses still really care about you and what you are up to. Some of them worked with RCPCH &Us to create a diary - you can write or draw your feelings and your questions... and some of the fun things you're doing at home.
You can download the diary below. There's a print version that you print at home. And, a digital version you can fill in on your computer or smartphone - and, if you like, email to your doctor before your next appointment.
Our RCPCH &Us children and young people’s activity pack is full of fun things to do to help keep you happy and well - from volunteering to help the NHS from your home to fun games and quizzes about RCPCH.
There's even the chance to get an RCPCH &Us certificate and be part of a monthly prize draw - you'll need to email what you have been working on. (There's more details for you and your family in the pack.)
You can download the activity pack below.
There are lots of things out there to help with boredom, worries or to get up to date news and information. Here's a selection.
- If you are a child, you can read the Nurse Dotty book, Dave the dog is worried about coronavirus.
- Monkey Wellbeing has lots of fun stuff and information to help young patients.
- BBC's Newsround has quizzes, games and information about coronavirus for children and young people.
- If you're feeling worried or anxious when things are changing around you, get in touch with ChildLine by phone, email, text or online, look up the Young Minds advice, or if you are 13+ you can use the Kooth app.
- Have a look at The Mix for lots of help and advice for young people.
- Indoor Explorers also has fun stuff for all ages to do indoors – give it a look!
- You may also want to use some of our other things to help talk about feelings, like our emoji cards, or to do some mindfulness colouring in using our 'rights' posters!
RCPCH &Us is a network of children, young people and families working to improve child health across the UK. You can find out more and join us.