We work to ensure that the voice of children, young people and families is making a difference in child health and healthcare for young patients.
RCPCH &Us: the voice of children, young people and families
The RCPCH &Us Network is for children, young people, parents and carers; created to actively seek and share their views to influence and shape policy and practice.
Our work includes projects, events, activities and sharing news to educate, collaborate, engage and change services for the better. The RCPCH &Us Network includes:
- &Us News through our social media channels and a monthly e-newsletter
- &Us Roadshows across the UK to find out what children and young people from all ages and backgrounds think about child health topics
- &Us Challenges bringing together groups of children, young people and/or parents and carers for the day to work together on a topic, review the Roadshow information and come up with ideas and solutions
- &Us Projects where children, young people and families get involved over a longer time to work on turning ideas into products and developing new solutions to challenges
We also offer all RCPCH &Us Network members the chance to take part in the RCPCH &Us Academy, providing training for their role, access to rewards and recognition and accredited learning courses such as the ASDAN Volunteering Certificate.
RCPCH &Us Engagement Collaborative
RCPCH &Us also delivers information, advice and guidance for trainees, paediatricians and healthcare professionals about working with children and young people and involving them in strategic decision making.
The RCPCH &Us Engagement Collaborative is free to join and provides members with:
- e-newsletters including the latest research, best practice, funding and news about participation and engagement in child health services
- free resources to support engagement of children and young people
- networking events
- coaching and engagement planning support.
Organisations can also commission the team to deliver engagement activity in their settings. To find out more, please contact email@example.com.
The Children and Young People's Engagement Team can be contacted through the following ways
Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / YouTube - search "RCPCH and us" or "RCPCH &Us"
020 7092 6076 / 6079