5-11 Theobalds Road
The course will increase your skills and knowledge in managing common cardiac problems within paediatrics.
Clinical scenarios such as a sick baby with a possible underlying cardiac problem, syncope and palpitations, along with the increasingly common question of cardiac screening in children, will be discussed using plenty of real life cases.
There will also be interactive workshops to provide you with an understanding of paediatric ECGs, echocardiography and managing children with a heart murmur.
The content of the course will be relevant to paediatric trainees, experienced general paediatricians as well as doctors working in the emergency department and general practice.
Comprehensive approach to cardiology when working in paediatrics. Tailored at exactly the right level, knowledgeable and approachable faculty and key tips to take away
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
- Explain key concepts of basic cardiology in paediatrics
- Recognise and manage cardiac diagnosis in an acutely unwell baby
- Develop a stepwise approach at evaluating paediatric ECG’s
- Identify cardiac conditions associated with genetic syndromes
- Discuss the etiology and management of children with recurrent faints
- Clinically differentiate innocent and pathologic murmurs
- Initiate workup in a child with palpitations
- Identify standard echocardiographic views
Paediatric trainees, SAS doctors, newly qualified consultants and any Allied Health Professionals with an interest in cardiology.
This course is now fully booked