Officer for Ireland
Your Officer for Ireland represents and promotes the interests of the membership in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland at Council and as Chair of the regional committee. The Officer also co-chairs the All-Ireland Paediatric Committee, a joint standing committee of the RCPCH and the Royal College of Physicians Ireland tasked with improving child health outcomes on the island of Ireland through strategic collaboration.
The Officer provides specialist / professional advice to the Northern Ireland Department of Health on paediatric and child health matters. The Officer also represents the RCPCH at meetings and engagements with external stakeholders including civil servants and the media.
Overall, the Officer advocates for the health and well-being of infants, children and young people, placing their needs and rights at the heart of their work, and progresses RCPCH policies and strategic goals for the region/s.
Dr Ray Nethercott has been elected unopposed to the position of Officer for Ireland. He will take up his post at the next meeting of RCPCH Council on 6 June 2019.
Regional Lead for Northern Ireland
Your elected regional lead is an ambassador and advocate for your RCPCH region, facilitating two-way communication and sharing of expertise with members through their regional committee, and representing these views externally. Moreover, through the area officer, the regional lead represents you at Council and other meetings.
They also liaise with specialty training bodies to help ensure the quality of training as well as representing the RCPCH by participating on Annual Review of Competence Progression panels and undertaking scrutiny of job descriptions.
This position is currently vacant
Contacts for your training in Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Deanery
- Queens University Belfast
- Head of School: Dr Sharon Christie - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deanery Administrator: Sean McErlean - email@example.com
- Deanery Administrator: Gillian Carlisle - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacts for your RCPCH region
- Academic Regional Representative: Dr Michael Sheilds - email@example.com
- Less Than Full Time Training Advisor: Dr Janice Bothwell - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional General Paediatric Training Advisor: Dr Andrew Thompson - email@example.com
- Trainee Representative: Dr Julie-Ann Collins - firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAS Representative: Dr Lyndsey Thompson - email@example.com
- Principal Area Theory Lead - for theory exams: vacant
Republic of Ireland
Regional Lead for the Republic of Ireland
Your elected regional lead is an ambassador and advocate for your RCPCH region, facilitating two-way communication and sharing of expertise with members through their regional committee.
This position is currently vacant.
Contacts for your RCPCH Region
Trainee Representative: Aisling O’Riordan - firstname.lastname@example.org