Officer for Ireland
Your Officer for Ireland represents and promotes the interests of the membership in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland at Council and as Chair of the regional committee. The Officer also co-chairs the All-Ireland Paediatric Committee, a joint standing committee of the RCPCH and the Royal College of Physicians Ireland tasked with improving child health outcomes on the island of Ireland through strategic collaboration.
The Officer provides specialist / professional advice to the Northern Ireland Department of Health on paediatric and child health matters. The Officer also represents the RCPCH at meetings and engagements with external stakeholders including civil servants and the media. Overall, the Officer advocates for the health and well-being of infants, children and young people, placing their needs and rights at the heart of their work, and progresses RCPCH policies and strategic goals for the region/s.
As of June 2019, the Officer for Ireland is Dr Ray Nethercott.
Contacts for your training in Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Deanery contact: email@example.com
- Queens University Belfast
- Head of School: Dr Julie Lewis - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Head of School - Dr Joe Clarke - email@example.com
- TPD: Dr Angela McIntosh - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacts for your RCPCH region
- Academic Regional Representative: Please see Academic Training Committee page
- Less Than Full Time Training Adviser: Please see LTFT Network page
- Trainee Representative: Please see Trainee Network and Trainee Oversight Committee page
- Regional General Paediatric Training Advisor: Please see General Paediatrics CSAC page
- SAS Representative: Dr Lyndsey Thompson - email@example.com
- Principal Area Theory Lead - for theory exams: vacant