This committee comprises representatives from College committees and regions across the UK, including the devolved nations. The representatives raise training issues relevant to their committee or region and bring them to the attention of the College.
What we do
- We work on matters of relevance to trainees and to the College.
- The general bulk of our work is related to training and assessment but as many aspects of our working lives impact on training, these also fall into our remit.
- We also send our representatives to sit on other committees and working groups within and outside of the College. These include committees on exams, child protection, sub-specialties and many other issues.
What we are
- We are made up of elected representatives from the UK and Ireland who are currently paediatric trainees.
- This includes 20 regional representatives, and 11 subject representatives.
- As one of the RCPCH's standing committees, we are subject to the College's byelaws and regulations and as such have a duty to ensure trainees' views are expressed and heard.
- The Vice President for Training and Assessment sits on the committee and the President also attends occasional discussions.
- We meet three times per year with one meeting held outside London, although we are in email contact much more frequently than this.
How RCPCH trainee members can get involved or get their voice heard
- You should receive regular emails from the trainee representative of your region about various issues that have been discussed by the Trainees' Committee. Feel free to contact them about anything which concerns you.
- If you don't know who your representatives are you can have a look at the Deanery/LETB webpage.
- Posts are held for about three years and it is likely that one position in your region will become available while you are trainee. Please contact any member of the committee to find out further details about the role and what it involves.
- Committee Administrator - Sabina Begum - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee Chair - Hannah Jacob - email@example.com
- Committee Vice Chair - Fiona Hignett - firstname.lastname@example.org
- North West (Mersey) - Rupert Ellis - email@example.com
- North West (North Western) - Philip Neill - firstname.lastname@example.org
- North East - Sian Copley - email@example.com
- Yorkshire and Humber - Aoife Hurley - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thames Valley (Oxford) - Sarah Rhead - email@example.com
- East of England - Eleanor Boddy - firstname.lastname@example.org
- South West (Severn) - Aless Glover - email@example.com
- South West (Peninsula) - James Dearden - firstname.lastname@example.org
- London North East Central - Katie Mckinnon - email@example.com
- London North West - Audrey Soo - firstname.lastname@example.org
- London South - Alison Mintoft - email@example.com
- KSS - Julia Fozard - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wessex - Victoria Ivison - email@example.com
- East Midlands - Husain Asgerally - firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Midlands - Laura Kelly - email@example.com
- Scotland (N, S, E) - Francesca Coleman - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scotland (W) - Elise Weir - email@example.com
- Wales - Thomas Cromarty - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Ireland - Seana Molly - email@example.com
- ePortfolio and curriculum - Emma Dyer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Less Than Full Time (Level 1) - Maddy Hover - email@example.com
- Less Than Full Time (Levels 2/3) - Anna-Louise Nichols - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assessment - Nicholas Schindler - email@example.com
- General Paediatrics - Sairah Akbar - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recruitment / ETQC - Emma Coombe - email@example.com
- Global Child Health (job share) - Jacqueline Le Geyt - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Child Health (job share) - Mark Lee - email@example.com
- Sub-specialty (CSACs) - Anna Mcnamara - firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for us to keep this section as relevant and up-to-date as possible, please contact the Training Services Team at email@example.com when changes occur.