Who we are
We are the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH), 5-11 Theobalds Road, London, WC1X 8SH (telephone: +44 (0)20 7092 6000).
The contact details for the Data Protection Officer are the same as above or via email to email@example.com.
This privacy notice explains how and why we use the data about you that we collect via the PaedCCF application form. This statement does not cover ePortfolio. To find out more about how your data is processed on ePortfolio, including information about any cookies we use as part of this system, visit the ePortfolio guidance webpage.
Why do we collect personal information from you?
You are required to collect patient feedback as part of your revalidation. However, you are not required to use RCPCH’s PaedCCF tool to do this, it is entirely optional. If you do decide to use our tool, we will need to process your personal data in the following ways to enable us to provide you with this service:
- To create personalised patient feedback forms so that patients are able to easily provide anonymised feedback about you
- To communicate with you regarding the PaedCCF tool and how the process works, as well as any service updates
- To set up and/or modify the status of your online ePortfolio account which is necessary to deliver the PaedCCF service
Who might we share your information with?
We will never publish raw data. If we want to publish data, any data that could be used to identify you will be removed and only consolidated anonymised patient feedback data will be used as part of a wider dataset of all doctors who have completed PaedCCF as part of a cohort comparison.
What do we do with your information?
Your personal data will not be transferred outside of the EEA.
How can I access the information you hold about me?
Use of our PaedCCF tool is optional. If you no longer want to use it, you can let us know by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will not process your data any further. You also have other rights:
- You can ask us to restrict processing so that we only store your data but undertake no further processing.
- You can ask us to delete the data we hold about you (called the right to be forgotten).
- You can ask us to amend anything you believe is factually inaccurate. It is your responsibility to ensure your contact details are kept up to date on ePortfolio.
- You can amend your contact details at any time by logging on to your RCPCH online account. If you think something is inaccurate and you cannot update this yourself, please let us know so that we can investigate.
- You can ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal data in a standard format.
- You can ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you- this is called a subject access request.
However, there are some restrictions which apply to these requests, such as if we have an overriding legal obligation to keep the data.
To find out more about your rights visit the ICO website or to make a request contact the Data Protection Officer Information.Governance@rcpch.ac.uk or write to Information Governance Manager, RCPCH, 5-11 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8SH.
In accordance with Data Protection Legislation, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you and we have measures in place to ensure your data is securely and safely stored. You do have the right to complain to the ICO if you have concerns about the way your personal data is being handled to email@example.com.
How long do we keep hold of your information for?
We will only retain your information for as long as required to fulfil your revalidation requirements. In line with GMC processes and timeframes, we will retain your PaedCCF data for a maximum of 10 years (two full revalidation cycles) post completion of your PaedCCF report or until such time as you withdraw your consent and request that we delete your information.