RCPCH ePortfolio is on the risr/advance platform (formerly Kaizen).
Please click each title in the dark blue box below to expand for further information. These sections include step by step guidance and videos to help you review the progress of those users linked to you on the system.
- Find users
Your trainees will be listed in the dashboard in the My Trainees widget.
- Click the name of the person you are linked to for their details (if not there, they need to add you).
- Click Create new event to start a new form, for example an assessment or additional supervisor meeting form.
- You can also quickly identify those trainees who may have non-standard ARCP outcomes and need additional support from you.
If you cannot find a trainee this will indicate that they have not yet added you as a supervisor from their own account. Alternatively, you may have expired as their supervisor and will require an extension by the College.
- Review a user’s ePortfolio
When you click on your linked user, you will see how they have progressed with their mandatory elements for their grade and their overall level.
If you want to see all the items in a user's timeline, click Timeline in the blue banded area at the top. This will offer short cuts to certain categorised events or forms, or you can select the whole timeline and use the search function.
- Review and sign off a user’s curriculum
Trainees only need to be marked as achieved at the end of a level of training to progress on to the next level:
- End of ST3 (level 1) going into level 2
- End of ST5 (level 2) going into level 3
- End of ST8 (level 3) going for CCT
This can be done within the Educational Supervisor report for ARCP or at anytime in the ePortfolio.
From the ePortfolio user list:
- Find a user from your list and click on their name
- Click on any one of the learning outcomes for their curriculum
- To mark a curriculum item, click "Mark goal as", then complete that form that pops up
From the educational supervisor report form:
- This option requires the form to be in draft still (if you submit the form, it won't update your ratings). The form takes a little while to load from supervisor view:
- Supervisor needs to go to red bell (to do list)
- Click on supervision form as needed
- Important – in the trainee part of the form, where the curriculum coverage section exists, you can click “preview” against each domain
- This brings up a “dialog box” linking to the goal.
- There is a blue box with “Mark goal as” which needs clicking on
- When open, mark the goals and add comment then click the green button
- Repeat by “preview” for each domain and specialty learning outcome
- When all goals are marked as achieved, in the supervisor part of the same form (after scrolling down) you’ll see they are marked as achieved when you click on generate report for each one and it should reveal “achieved” against each domain.
- Review a user’s Personal Development Plan (PDP)
We have recently updated the PDP section on the ePortfolio to allow for a more focused and goal driven targeted approach.
Local deaneries and offices
To support trainees and trainers in your region, you may need to review content on ePortfolio or set up ARCP (Annual Review of Competence Progression) panel forms.
- Logging in
To log in, you'll need your RCPCH number and password. If you don't know this, or need help, please contact us on email@example.com.
- Your profile, role and permissions
Once logged in you will see your profile page.
- You will have a widget with the users you have access to.
- You will see your inbox with RCPCH messages. We use this contact you where needed.
- Your profile with the roles have been assigned and your current location permissions.
- Finding a trainee
The widget on the right side shows how many trainees you have access to.
- Click on User Management, click on Users to display trainees attached to you.
- To search for a specific trainee please type their name or RCPCH number into the search box.
- Below the trainees name are the areas of the trainee’s profile you can review.
- To start a new event, for example educational or clinical supervisor’s trainers report, click New Event.
- For a more advanced search use this area, you can search by the type of user (trainee) or a trainee’s email address.
- Setting up an ARCP form
Some deaneries like their ARCP forms set up in advance. To do this, find the trainee who needs the ARCP form (as they own the outcome) and select "Create new event".
- Select the form ARCP outcome form for General Paediatrics training (including sub-specialty) - two part form
- Enter the details for the trainee
- Select the ARCP panel member who needs to complete this form and click Submit
This form will sit with the ARCP panel member in their to do list.