About the audit
This audit will measure against the Quality standards for paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition, published jointly by RCPCH and BSPGHAN in 2017.
The audit will include measures that align with nine standards, which focus on the requirement for the full portfolio of specialist gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition services to be provided within clinical networks.
The audit is being delivered by the Clinical Standards and Audits Team at RCPCH, and its methodology and plan of work is overseen by a steering group comprised of representatives of the following organisations:
- British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- British Association of Parental and Enteral Nutrition
- Coeliac UK
- Crohn’s & Colitis UK
- Crohn’s in Childhood Research Association
The audit steering group is chaired by Dr John Fell, Lead Paediatric Gastroenterologist at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and Dr Ed Gaynor, Consultant in Paediatric Gastroenterology, Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) as co-chair.
- To improve health outcomes and the quality of life for children receiving care for gastroenterology, liver or intestinal disorders throughout the UK
- To identify any variation in care and ensure that equitable services and access are available for all infants, children and young people in the provision of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition services across the UK
- To provide powerful evidence on how paediatric services are providing care to local populations and whether system leaders are planning and commissioning services effectively in network
- To benchmark the provision of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition services across the UK
- To inform the RCPCH, its members and healthcare professionals of future work that is needed to improve the quality of care provided to infants, children and young people with PGHAN needs
- Units and networks register to participate in the PGHAN Audit – February to March 2020
- Data submission via a dedicated web tool – March to April 2020
- Publication of the national report of the results of the PGHAN Audit – July 2020
If you have any queries about the PGHAN Audit, please contact the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.