We are responsible for providing data and intelligence about the paediatric workforce in the UK. We run a biennial workforce census, regularly monitor new consultants and follow paediatric trainees to provide key data to inform working planning and policy.
We support the development of service standards and the delivery of service reviews, and responds to national workforce related consultations.
- Ongoing collection, analysis and dissemination of paediatric workforce data to inform and influence service design and workforce and educational planning
- In depth knowledge of the current paediatric medical workforce to support compliance with current safe and supportive staffing models and future modelling
Key current projects
- Biennial workforce census
- CCT and CESR follow up survey
- Modernising Medical Careers cohort study
- Rota compliance and vacancies monitoring
- Outcome measures for acute general paediatrics
- Community child health workforce planning guidance